The Summer Solstice is one of eight seasonal celebrations on the Wheel of the Year. In the Southern Hemisphere it falls in December (21/22nd). In the Northern Hemisphere it falls in June (20/21st).
The Summer Solstice occurs when the sun reaches its highest point in the sky, marking the longest day and shortest night of the year, the beginning of summer and the peak of the sun’s energy.
The word “solstice” comes from the Latin word “solstitium,” which means “sun standing still.” During the solstice, the sun appears to stand still in the sky before it changes direction.
It is a time when nature is in full bloom, and the days are long and warm. Many cultures around the world have celebrated the Summer Solstice for thousands of years, believing it to have powerful spiritual significance. (The ancient Egyptians built the Great Sphinx pointing directly towards the rising sun on the day of the Summer Solstice).
Across the world the Summer Solstice is often celebrated with festivals, bonfires, leaves and summer flowers, dance, song, prayer, fasting and feasting. People gather at sunrise to witness the rising sun
The Summer Solstice is often associated with renewal, purification fertility, abundance, intention setting, manifestation. The element of fire represents the qualities of renewal, purification and transformation and is most commonly used in Summer Solstice ceremonies and rituals to symbolise the burning of old and birth of new.
- Three hour ceremony honouring and celebrating the Summer Solstice.
- Light Dinner shared as community.
The Summer Solstice Ceremony is for you if:
- You are desiring to honour and celebrate the seasons of the Wheel of the Year.
- You value ritual and ceremony.
- You enjoy connecting with other like-minded souls.
Why Join Us?
- We are experienced facilitators and space holders.
- We are passionate about ritual and ceremony.
- We deeply honour the seasons and elements in all the work we do.
- We have deep reverence and respect for the sacredness of this work.
- We hold space for others with deep integrity.
- We create a safe space free from judgement and projection, that encourages and allows people to be as they are.
Dates & Times
The Summer Solstice event will be held on Thursday 21st December 2023 from 6 to 9 pm. The event is hosted at a private residence in Thornlands (QLD). Address, navigation details and further event details will be sent to ticket holders prior to the event.
We believe everyone has the right to personal growth and development and all our programs, workshops and events reflect our view. We structure all our offerings with different investment exchange options based on the participants personal circumstances. We believe in accessibility, equal access to education and in supporting community without judgment or prejudice.
The Supporter – For those financially secure with plentiful financial resources. Supporters’ contributions assist others less financially resourced to participate. $50
The Sustainer – For those financially comfortable on mid level stable incomes. $40
The Community – For low income earners, with caring responsibilities or facing difficult financial circumstances. $30